Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sail away

Day #15
Picture of something you want to do before you die

I recently created a pretty extensive bucket list that I'm pretty excited about...

So far this year, I have crossed off going to Europe and several others.  Now if I can just run Bloomsday in under an hour?!  haha....not this year.

I know I couldn't possibly be disappointed with my life once my time comes....I'm planning on going somewhere far better than here...but there is one thing that I feel is totally necessary to do in my lifetime.  (And for the record....getting married and having kids probably beats this out, but that's pretty typical)



I desperately want to take a cruise of the Mediterranean.

Most cruises here take off from Barcelona which is pretty much 2nd on my list of places to visit in my lifetime.  I took four years of Spanish in high school, and my teacher was a huge fan of Barcelona.  Really the architecture is incredible (Gaudi!), the food is impressive, the weather is beautiful, and its SPAIN.  What more can you ask for?

So it starts off amazing....the only problem is that you have to get from Spokane to Barcelona...which is pretty pricey, and then you have to pay for the cruise on top of it.  YIKES!

Then most cruises hit Italy, Greece, Monaco, Turkey, Egypt.....oh man.  So much history and so much beauty.

Maybe I should start saving now?

No comments:

Post a Comment