Tuesday, March 29, 2011

You have my heart so please don't break it!

Day #14
Picture of someone you can't imagine life without

Wow.....if someone could really narrow themselves down to one person for this one..they don't get out much.  It seems that my life has been so changed and impacted by so many people.  I think the challenge here is finding a picture that sums this up, and I'm absolutely sure I don't have one.

So, instead I'm going to pose four pictures of the four places that have captured pieces of my heart. These are the four places that represent the most important people in my life (aside from the outliers - like my sister and family in Georgia....they matter just as much too!)
1) Cheney, WA


This place was very good to me, and the people were even better!  I met some of the best people I've ever come across here, and all because we forfeited a grand degree from a high class university for the cheap education of Eastern Washington University!  Best decision I've ever made.  I am blessed with best friends, good acquaintances, some of the best co-workers, and a network of people that would have my back in an instant if I needed it.  Love them, and love this place!

#2) Spokane, WA


Nothing like a little hometown action.  First of all, I couldn't imagine life without my parents....and since they reside here, this makes the list.  Not to mention my best friends from high school and my wild and crazy co-workers from every little job I've held since I was 16 and first punched the timeclock.  I also have been fortunate enough to have found a solid church community in my college years at New Community, and recently have landed in the hands of an equally incredible group from Vintage Faith.  This city has a lot to offer, and a lot of people that I couldn't do without!

#3) South Lake Tahoe, CA


I've said it once, and I'll say it again and again.  I love Lake Tahoe.  And I especially love the 85 people that became a part of my extended family the summer that I lived there.  We literally came from every walk of life and every possible experience before Tahoe, and we all experienced the summer of a lifetime there.  Time and distance has changed relationships....as it does in every situation, but I still thank God on a regular basis for these individuals in my life and the impact they have left.

#4) Moses Lake, WA


There isn't even a good picture of Moses Lake on Google Images.  That's how bad this city is....but on the other hand...if you drive with me on I-90 past this place....you will probably end up hearing about how much I love it for 10 miles before we see the signs and 10 miles after.  The summer after I graduated college, I worked for about 6 weeks here as a resident advisor for the College Bound Summer Program at Big Bend Community College.  I went into it thinking it would just be a job, and it turns out I fell in love with the program and fell in love with those kids and my staff friends.  We were a tight knit group that had a lot of laughs and a lot of memorable moments.  I need to write a whole blog on this place sometime....its too much to cover at 11:00 at night! 

There you have it....now throw in the family members that live on the outskirts and the friends that fall somewhere outside of these categories, and you have it all.

Finally feeling normal this week after a ridiculous bout of jet lag last week!  Finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment