Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Love is a many splendid thing...

Day #12
A picture of something you love

Again....hard to decide.  Less definitive than my distaste for cilantro.  Love is kind of a bad way to describe these things anyways, because I love God.....I love my family......I love my friends.  There is no way in the world that I can compare my favorite "loves" to any of these things.  It doesn't come close to adding up.  However, there are a few things in life aside from the things listed above that I adore.....and that bring a lot of joy to my heart simply because they are beautiful or delicious or otherwise have been created in a ridiculously awesome way.  God had the best of intentions when he created these next few items or when he created people who could create these amazing items....and yes, I mean a few.  I couldn't narrow this one.

#1)  Cantaloupe



Um....yum.  My favorite months of the year also directly correspond with the season that cantaloupe is at its finest.  Coincidence?  No.

Why have they not come up with a cantaloupe ice cream??  I would buy stock in that.

#2) Flowers



I love receiving them, I love looking at them, I love drawing them, I love designs that have them in them, I love clothes that have them on them, I really love flowers.  I guess my favorite form of flowers is definitely being on the receiving end of them.   I think that although they die quickly, it is a sweet gesture!  I'm a sucker....what can I say?  I was in a wedding in September and I tried to make my bouquet last for as long as possible....it actually started to rot.  I have even considered putting money aside every month while I'm still single to buy myself flowers.  Just because I don't have a guy pursuing me doesn't mean that I don't deserve to remember that I'm special and loved and worthy of a pretty bunch of flowers every couple of weeks.  Even if it comes from me....haha.

#3 BBQ Food/Hawaiian Food



Different genres, but I love them so much equally that I can't decide which one belongs here.  If there is pulled pork on a menu, I will automatically turn to that.  I love it sooo much.  And the best part is that every place makes it different and I love it all.  I think I was meant to live in Texas or Kansas City or someplace that values BBQ food as much as I do.  I also have a very real love affair with Kahlua Pork...the Hawaiians do pig right.  Good thing I don't follow old Jewish law.

4) This cat!


I frequently get made fun of for being a cat lover....and I have even been accused of being a crazy cat lady.  I have never liked the popular thing....I never like sports teams that are necessarily popular (hello!?!!  Mariners fan!)...I wasn't into being cool in high school....so why is is surprising that I would go for the animal that most people think it stupid and annoying? 

This cat is Sassy....she is my 12 year old asthmatic and physically disabled cat that I have had since I was in junior high!  She was the first animal that I named and got to take ownership of, so I forceably made her bond with me.  I got in her face a lot and picked her up a lot and terrorized her a ton, and somehow these days she thinks that I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread!  Success! 

She has had asthma for years, so we haven't used candles in our house for as long as I can remember!  She also somehow dislocated her kneecap when she was little (we think it was from a fall from our stairs), so she has a screw in her knee and now has a pretty hearty case of arthritis.  She has stairs to help her get on my bed, courtesy of Aunt Allison.

She also had developed a new nervous habit of chewing her fur off, so she is old, sick, and ugly now!  Yes!

#5 Hoopfest



Best weekend of the year hands down!  I've never played, but the nervous energy in this city when Hoopfest hits is the greatest.  I spent a couple summers away from Spokane and then this last year I worked a hellish schedule during Hoopfest, so I'm excited to get to play a more active role in it this year!

1 comment:

  1. Uh oh, Dani...I love cilantro and hate cantaloupe. I hope we can still be friends.

    ReplyDelete