Thursday, February 10, 2011

Shot through the Heart

Valentine's Day is quickly approaching.....not my favorite holiday.  Not that I don't enjoy most of the fundamentals of the day....I'm a big fan of romance...I love flowers....chocolates are my favorite.....only problem is that I never have any of those particular elements show up in my Valentine's Day!  This year my Valentine's Day is going to be dominated with moving heavy boxes up a flight of stairs!  At the end of the day though, I'll have the greatest Valentine's Day present ever.....my first apartment.  I'm blessed and shouldn't complain!  I also wouldn't complain if flowers mysteriously showed up in my beautiful new apartment.... :)

Anyways, in honor of the holiday....I figure I should blab a little bit about the men that get my heart racing.  My new friend Delynn from my bible study wrote a blog last week about the celebrity crushes she had...and I loved it so much that I decided to write up my own edition.  Here goes!

Good Looking Man #1)
Zach Gilford



This guy is top on my list and all of my friends know it.  I bring him up at pretty much any opportunity that I deem even slightly appropriate to bring up attractive people.  I first saw him in a movie that came out right after I graduated from college called Post Grad.  I wanted to see it because it seemed relevant to my life....after seeing it, I was smitten. I did a little stalker research after that movie came out to discover that this guy is pretty legit and works at an outdoor adventure company during his time off from making movies.  He is an outdoor guide for kids who are involved in the program.  One of my best friends Christie is an outdoor recreation major and I definitely threw out the idea that she should try to get hired with his company and then introduce us.  No luck....unfortunately.  As for now, he is in a new show called Off the Map which is a jungle medical drama that is made by the same creators of Greys Anatomy.  Watch it....it's corny, but I'm willing to waste an hour of my life once a week on it.

Good Looking Man #2)
Chris Pratt



Chris was in one of my absolute favorite TV shows of all time, Everwood.  They wrote him a role as a funny guy/player who eventually falls for the new girl in town who is a total prude and kind of a huge nerd.  My mom and I used to watch it every week and call each other to talk about what had happened and how cute they were together.  I was fully invested....which is embarrassing, but what can you do. Now he is in this show called Parks and Rec (which I'm not in love with, so I barely ever watch it)....but he is pretty talented and very funny.  He is also getting married (or is already married?) to Anna Faris, who is ridiculously funny.  I can just imagine what a day in their household looks like....it has to be out of control!

Good Looking Man #3)
Joel Pineiro



I've had a raging crush on this guy since the early 2000s when he played for the Ms.  You almost don't even need an explanation....just look at him!  But if you feel like you need one, here it is.  He is athletic...he is foreign....he has expertly sculpted facial hair....there ya go.

Good Looking Man #4)
Ashton Kutcher



I feel like you have to have a super cliche crush on your list or it just isn't complete.  If you catch me going to an Ashton movie....it is almost certainly for alterior motives.  I was looking through pictures at Gram's house about 6 or 7 years ago and happened across a picture of my Aunt Amy at the Kentucky Derby with her friend.  They were all dolled up with their big floppy hats, and at first all I could think was how crazy it was that they were at the Kentucky Derby....that has to be pricey to get into!  Then I reeled my thought process back in and realized who was standing in the picture with them.  ASHTON KUTCHER.  Ridiculous.  Take a looksy the next time you are at my house (I inherited the picture, thank goodness!)....it's amazing!

I now feel like a ridiculous high schooler...I feel like once you hit a certain age, it's uncool to admit that you have a crush on a celebrity. Thankfully I never claimed to be cool.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!  (Especially those of you who don't have a special person to spend it with.  Don't let a Hallmark holiday get you down.  It's not worth it.)

1 comment:

  1. Dani! I love this, and the fact that you read my post and liked it. Thanks for the shoutout. Your blog is fantastic. I wish I could volunteer to help you move (because I know from very recent experience that that is no fun) but I will be working all day. Good luck, though, and I recommend doing something nice for yourself on Valentine's Day. I'm going out for dinner with two of my best friends, which will be lovely. Have a great weekend, and good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete