Sunday, February 13, 2011

Hate is a pretty strong word....

It sounds like a familiar Christmas tale....

"the boxes are packed in the living room with care"....
"as nightmares of moving dance in my head"

Ha.

I hate moving.....

In fact, it is in my top 10 things that I hate the most in life, because it mainly consists of one of my least favorite things ever.  Lifting heavy things.  I really just wish I had a fortune and could pay people to move my stuff for me.  There are a lot of reasons I hate lifting heavy things.  First of all, I'm not strong and never have been.  I struggle to lift the bar when I'm bench pressing.  I also currently I have pulled muscles in my ribcage and have avoided all forms of exercise for the last month.  I am so out of shape. 

As I was thinking today of how much I hate moving and lifting things, I also began to calculate my list of things that would be included in my top 10 hated things.  I figured I would forclose these on here, just in case you ever decide to subject me to one of them.  I'm terrible at pretending that I'm enjoying something, so now you won't be surprised when I'm crabby.

1) Cilantro
Seriously the most terrible edible substance in the whole world.  I would literally rather poke my eye out than eat a whole dish with this in it.  It has been proven that if you hate it, you are genetically predisposed to that.  Those that hate it think that it tastes like soap.  I'll never forget the first time that I had it...because it changed my view on Mexican food forever.  I really hate hating this because it makes me feel super high maintenance....I hate being one of those people that has to ask about ingredients at restaurants....gosh.

2) Death Metal
That's not music....that's yelling.

3) Road Kill
I love animals, so nothing puts me a worse mood than driving past a dead one....  If the day ever comes where I hit something myself, I may be too devastated to continue driving to my destination.  Also don't be surprised if I cry in the car if I pass by something particularly sad....it has happened before.

4) Hunting
This is somewhat in conjunction with #3....again we are dealing with dead animals.  I absolutely hate hunting.  I hate guns and I love Bambi.  It would be one thing if the animal was being shot only for food, but I am not convinced that is the main reason for most hunters.  I think its mostly for sport, and then the food aspect is an added bonus.  I think it irresponsible.....and I'm not sure I could be convinced otherwise.  Now you may be wondering why I'm not a vegetarian.  If I thought more about it, I might be....but I like beef and pork too much to linger on the subject for too long.

5) Confrontation
I'd almost rather hold a small grudge internally forever than confront someone.  I've recently been convicted that this isn't a healthy way to go about things, and I've gotten braver.  But it is still on my Top 10.

6) Lifting Heavy Things
(as mentioned above)

7) Being Prone to Motion Sickness
This affliction is one of my least favorite things about myself.  I so very much wish that I could experience theme parks, plane rides, car rides, boat trips, etc...like my friends can.  This summer I happened to look down at my phone for about a minute at the beginning of a car trip back from Seattle and I was completely nauseous the rest of the way home.  I even stopped to get medicine and those little wrist bands with the pressure points, and to not avail.  It is the worst....it is completely indescribeable if you've never experienced it.  TERRIBLE.

8) Political Overactivism
I'm political and I definitely hold my opinions.  However, I also understand that not everyone wants to hear my opinions on a constant basis, especially if they don't agree with them.  Facebook has made political overactivism too much of a possibility.  I need a break....it's not even an election year.

9) Being Cold
Wow...this should be higher up on my list.  I hate being cold.  I'm seriously considering a move to a warmer locale at some point in life.  Its not even just the wintertime though, I also hate air conditioners and fans...and I wear sweaters and sleep under blankets all year.

10) Being far away from the people I love...
I met some of my favorite people in the world during my college years....whether that was in college, at Tahoe, in Moses Lake, etc...  Unfortunately, now that college is over and those experiences are over, a lot of my favorite people live far away from me now.  I feel like pieces of me went with them....I hate it.

There you have it....don't feed me something you hunted and please don't season it with cilantro.

I'll come back with an upbeat "10 Favorite Things" next week!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment