Saturday, July 30, 2011

Weekend Update

What a crazy hectic week this has been, followed by an equally crazy and hectic weekend!  My birthday was Friday, which led into a really fun weekend of overindulging in food and drink, spending time with the family in Coeur D'Alene, receiving a beautiful new black teapot and a very lofty stack of books to add to my ever growing stack of reading material that I'm TRYING to find time for and having lots of laughs with friends! Thanks to everyone who made this weekend special....even those that couldn't be here!  :)




In other news, my epic journey through disastrous apartment maintenance is coming to a close...as another issue has popped up that doesn't seem as though it will be able to be resolved.  Therefore, my landlord is asking me to move next door to a new apartment, which is relatively frustrating and becoming increasingly more inconvenient.  Out of the next 11 days, I'm working 10 of them, so finding time to move is going to be really challenging.  Thankfully it is only 20 feet down the hallway, but still....  I guess more annoying than the moving is the fact that I am completely settled in here.  I have all my paintings and pictures where I want them....I have my furniture where I want it.....I'm a creature of habit and this is really throwing me off.

Also, in inspecting my belongings that I am going to be dragging out of my door in a few days, I have come to realize that I have an unusually large amount of clothes that I'm starting to feel is pretty unacceptable in general.  I'm a big bargain shopping, because there isn't much guilt in buying a $5.00 Mountain Hardware jacket if you can find it.  HOWEVER....there is guilt in looking at your closet after 5 years of doing that, and realizing that you now own more clothes than most African villages own all put together.......

So, this is a season in life where I'm starting a fresh.  My responsibilities at work will be changing with this new year.  I'm moving apartments.  I have things in the future that I am trying to save for....exciting things.....  Therefore, I need to quit spending money on bargains, because lets get real, I've found enough of them....time to leave the bargains for someone else.  So, pledging to not buy any clothes for the remainder of the year is excessive and is setting me up to fail, so I'm going to go on a month by month basis.  So, as of today, for all of the month of August, I'm not buying any clothes, shoes, accessories, etc...  I don't need anything....in fact, I need to get rid of things because my closet is starting to want to vomit out the extras.  Unless I get holes in my underwear....then I can make an exception!

Speaking of clothes....I was reading a few fashion blogs the other day and found myself kind of overwhelmed with annoyance at the whole thing.  Have you ever read a fashion blog?  They can be written by people that are involved in the industry or who are just interested in fashion, but they are kind of unnerving when you have zero interest in being trendy at all or when you feel like the fashion industry is pretty corrupt and decently worthless on a broader scale of "meaningfulness in life".  They post pictures posing in whatever it is that they have assembled to wear that day...typically in unnatural poses that you might never in your whole life actually pose in.  Poses like this....

The "over-dramatic, duck face, let me turn my ankle in a way that looks like it might break" pose.

"The "Bam!  I've got hips....look at them!" pose.

This particular get up consists of freshly washed hair....a natural freakishly white glow....a t-shirt from Catholic Relief and a pair of really worn out running shorts.  You like that?  If you ever want styling tips, please feel free to contact my assistant....

This week may resemble one of those weeks that just makes you want to rip your hair out, so if you don't hear from me for a while.....I may just be busy.....or I may be bald....

Much love!

Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment