Monday, May 9, 2011

What a life!

So earlier last year I created a bucket list, and as I was doing some spring cleaning...I happened upon it again and realized that a few of my little life dreams have already happened this year!  Horray for that!  Wow, I can be so productive when I'm not thinking about it!  But seriously....this is full of non-profound things that I've love to accomplish in life at some point because I feel like God placed me here to experience.  Mostly I want to experience these things with the people I love.  Some of them are easy and others are less likely or maybe so bold that I may never have the guts to accomplish them.  But here is where you...the reader...comes in.   If you can help me accomplish any of these things, let me know!  I sure do want to! And literally everything on here would be more fun if done with friends!

1) Run a half marathon
2) Finish Bloomsday in less than 1 hour and 10 minutes. (missed this by 14 minutes this year...dang!)
3) Go fishing (and actually catch something)
4) Play golf on an actual golf range.
5) Learn to say basic phrases in all of the major languages of the world.
6) Learn how to REALLY play the guitar.
7) Do a polar bear swim.
8) Go firewalking in Hawaii (or anywhere).
9) Drive cross-country (in the US)
10) See someone I love fall in love with Jesus (Finished....amazing....this is a good one to see marked off my list)
11) Witness a flash mob in person/participate in a flash mob.
12) Hold a koala.
13) Watch turtles hatch in person.
14) Visit the Grand Canyon.
15) Go to Europe (HORRAY!!!!!  This was a big big dream of mine, so I'm glad to mark this one off the list as well.  I'd love to go back again and again.)
16) Visit the site of the Twin Towers.
17) Skate at Rockefeller Center.
18) See the Northern Lights.
19) Visit Biblical sites.
20) See a show on Broadway.
21) Swim in the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. (I feel ok about just putting my feet in....in which case, I can mark this one off after this week!)
22) See the Eiffel Tower (This was pretty much my favorite experience in life thus far...I cannot tell you how badly I wanted to pee my pants when I saw this in person....especially up close!)
23) Go back to Tahoe (I almost want to make this "Get married in Tahoe"...but I can't be that picky, I suppose!)
24) Ride a cable car in San Francisco.
25) Go to a Mariner's/Yankees game.
26) Attend an Oktoberfest.
27) Hike a whole mountain without complaining the whole way.
28) See my niece and nephew graduate from high school.
29) Learn to play cribbage.
30) Fly a kite. (Cannon Beach - May 2011...Thanks Cole and Laura!)
31) Learn how to juggle a soccer ball.
32) Make a cheesecake successfully.
33) Fall in love.
34) Become a parent.
35) Stay best friends with my best friends.
36) Learn to garden.
37) Read the Bible completely all the way through.
38) End up in a career that makes me come alive. (strangely enough, that happened this year.  I love social work.)
39) Pay off my student loans before I have to.
40) Get my Masters.
41) Read Systematic Theology.
42) Get a tattoo.
43) Shoot a gun.
44) Pierce my nose again.
45) Watch Gone with the Wind.
46) Keep a daily journal every day for a year. (I'm in the midst of this right now, and I love it.)
47) Be better at reminding people how much I love them.
48) Get a really nice camera and learn to take amazing pictures.
49) Make a scrapbook.
50) Read all the Russian classics (working on Anna Karenina for the last couple months...I got distracted by other books)!
51) Watch every Academy Award winning "Best Picture" for the last 20 years.
52) Quit Facebooking so much.....
53) Purposely don't date anyone for 6 months...and really enjoy the time. (This year has been really awesome for me and my single heart, because I've come to realize that I can do it alone....if I have to.  And I can enjoy it.  I've never been more content in my life right where it's at than the last year or so....aside from a few moments of panic...haha.). I even find myself avoiding situations where I know I'm only going because my motives aren't in the right place.  That's a first.
54) Find a street sign for "Danielle Street". (Thanks Mom!!)
55) Volunteer regularly.
56) Consciously seek out experiences that expand my sense of who I am and what I'm capable of.
57) Have at least one really cutely decorated room in my house.
58) Live in an apartment with no roommates at least once before I settle down.  (Rockin it baby!)
59) Visit the Mediterranean.
60) See one of my favorite artists live (this means....The Script, Coldplay, Lifehouse, Mumford and Sons, or Keith Urban...haha.)
61) See a baseball game in all of the major baseball stadiums.
62) Get invested in the World Cup.
63) Go to the Olympics (crossing my fingers for London!!!!)
64) Kiss someone under mistletoe.
65) Go for a horse drawn carriage ride (did it, but it wasn't romantic....and that is sort of what I meant when I put it on here....)
66) Buy a concert t-shirt.
67) Hike to the top of Mt. Spokane (we hiked Mt. Kit Carson which is right next to this....so, I count it.  Hardest thing I've ever done in my life.)
68) Visit Mt. Rainier.
69) Go to Leavenworth at Christmastime.
70) Go horseback riding.
71) Learn to read music.
72) Visit all 50 States (and I do count airports because you are physically in that state, so I added Utah and Jersey this year...take that!)
73) Make a positive difference in someone's life.
74) Learn how to make pottery.
75) Actually enjoy a beer.
76) Come up with a specialty dish that I'm awesome at making (Philly Cheesesteaks....best in town)
77) Milk a cow.
78) Own a dog.
79) Learn to drive a stick shift.
80) Send a message in a bottle. (Cannon Beach -May 2011!  Cole and Laura are so thoughtful!)
81) Smoke hookah.
82) Build an epic sandcastle (with a moat) (Another Cannon Beach moment!)
83) Take one picture a day for a year.
84) Go puddle jumping
85) Drink a healthier amount of water...as a habit.
86) Host a really awesome dance party.
87) Break a bone while doing something epic.
88) Invent a cocktail.
89) Try pole dancing (and by this I mean in a very non-professional and non-explicit way....like a gym class...haha).
90) Take a yoga class.
91) Stand on the Equator.
92) Carve my initials on a tree.
93) Get decently good at snowboarding.
94) Have eggs benedict.
95) Hold a tarantula.
96) Live somewhere other than the West Coast (even for a short period of time).
97) Visit Texas
98) Take a tour of Safeco.
99) Make it to a Gonzaga Basketball game at the Kennel (thank you Danae!!!)
100) Remember that even if half of these aren't accomplished...my life is totally complete in Christ and what he did for me.

2 comments:

  1. You can do #97 next year while i'm there... just sayin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can check #73 off the list... :)
    You made a difference in MY life.

    ReplyDelete