Monday, May 23, 2011

Can I have it?

I have a few things I'm totally obsessed with right now.....

And by obsessed....I mean....ready to start a fan club.

1) A smattering of really "feel good" jams....
My favorites right now are "Good Life" by OneRepublic, "Never Leave This Bed" by Maroon 5, "Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not?" by Thompson Square, and "Tonight, Tonight" by Hot Chelle Rae. 
They are all pretty catchy, totally cliche (which I'm really digging right now), and pretty non-explicit (unlike some of the trash on the radio right now....S&M by Rihanna.....yuck...garbage).

2) Cheap headbands
Have you looked at prices on headbands lately?  $5.00 for something I could make for almost nothing.  Unacceptable.  Also, most of them are kind of ugly.  For as much as I appreciate Forever 21, I sometimes have to look through the entire store to find something that doesn't make me look like I'm 17.  It should be called Forever 17.  Anyways, deciding I was going to buck the headband trend and make my own, I went to the fabric store and bought strips of a few different fabrics and have created a masterpiece. The dumb part of it is how easy it is.  You fold the cloth strips up and tie them up in your hair.  No sewing required.  And for 4 of them, it cost me $1.30.  HA!  Take that!  Perfect for summer beach days!

3) Cupcakes
I'm obsessed....after watching Cupcake Wars, I officially want to open my own cupcake business and help make people fat.  Thankfully I get an opportunity to make this happen this next weekend at my best friend's bridal shower... :) 



And I really am semi serious about opening my own business....any business partners out there?! haha

4) Really feminine, flowery clothing...
I have gone through a lot of stages in my clothes...where I've loved jeans and sneakers and t-shirts...when I've loved really bright colors and really flashy accessories....etc....  Well, I'm currently in the phase where I love rustic, feminine, whites, browns, and greys, and flowers and pretty girly accessories.  Only problem is that I seriously cannot do anything about this new interest as I need to be saving money for my time off in August.  :)  Ha!

Happy Monday!  Do something nice for yourself today!  I am by cleaning my apartment.....because although I hate doing it, it feels so good once its done!!  :)

1 comment:

  1. partner! I'm in. I have dreams of owning a coffee shop someday. I'll go halfsies on a bakery or something.

    ReplyDelete