Monday, January 16, 2012

Will you accept this rose?

I really hate when I am obnoxiously cliche'.  I am sometimes though.  I enjoy shopping...I sometimes go just for fun.  Yuck.  I own mostly chick flicks. I'm 25, single and own a cat.  I like America's Next Top Model....ew. But worse than any of that, I'm addicted to the Bachelor.  Much like a nagging drug addiction, I would require total detox and rehab to get myself out of this hole I have found myself in.  But considering my lack of willpower...that isn't going to happen.

My true love affair with the Bachelor started back in college with the season where Jason dumped Melissa on live TV after having proposed to her on the finale.  It was devastating...and it got me hooked.  I've come back for more every season since then.



This season's Bachelor is the sloppy seconds of last season's Bachelorette, and strikes me as a total punk.  I have pretty good radar about whether someone is a punk or not, and he definitely is.  But c'est la vie...onward!

The sheer ridiculousness of this show can be captured all within tonight's episode.  Thus far, Ben "The Not so Bangin Bachelor" has taken one girl on a date to climb the Bay Bridge in San Fran.  I literally cannot think of anything less romantic than climbing up the side of a bridge. Oh wait.  Yeah, I can.  How about how unromantic it would be if I did that and then pooped my pants whilst climbing.  Pooping pants on a first date is kind of frowned upon, I'm afraid.

After conquering the Bridge, they then ate dinner on a pier and had their own personal fireworks show.  Don't know about you, but I'm unsure that happens in real life?  If I ever want to have a romantic firework filled moment, I will also be sharing it with the 10,000 other people who have crammed into Riverfront Park for the show.  Talk about setting unrealistic standards.

Then in the group date immediately following this involved skiing in swimsuits down a street in San Fran.....



1) Trashy
2) I've been a ski bum....and I've gotten snow down snowboarding pants that have safeguards against that.  I don't want to know what would happen with a swimsuit.
3) Trashy.....

Last but not least, as if you needed more reasons to not get into this unless you are already addicted, if any one of those girls had a lip fungus...all of them would have it. Enough said.  I believe that brings me back to my "trashy" point. 

I'm turning on the History channel immediately after this is over.  Or reading War and Peace.  Anything to remind myself I'm still smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment