Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Best Of:

There is something so great about looking back on a year and discovering where you have been and where you find yourself in the moment today...

This has been a really incredible year...and here is to an equally incredible year next year. 

Because this year was good to me in the musical realm, I feel it is appropriate to share my top favorite songs with you.  I'd share my favorite albums...but I listen to the same four or five all the time and I feel like I'm biased.

Check these bad boys out.... (disclaimer...not all of them are actually from this year...I'm anything but current).

Adele (Set Fire to the Rain):
This lady has guts....and a heck of a set of lungs....  There is probably not a single artist that speaks more to me and most every member of the female persuasion.  She is ballsy and real and has the most incredible voice.  She puts all those no-talent girls that are in music right now to shame.  By the way, this particular song is so amazing.


Bon Iver - For Emma
Holy smokes....top song of the year.  It is so beautiful...and sort of sad.  I love it.



Snow Patrol (Set Fire to the Third Bar)
I know, 3 songs in and two of them have almost identical titles.....
Check it.  I typically am pretty anti-Snow Patrol because they aren't really my kind of music usually, but this one.....amazing.



Neil Diamond (Sweet Caroline)
Boston. Red. Sox. 
Can you tell how anxious I am to hear back about grad school?  Only two more months.



Ingrid Michaelson (Can't Help Falling In Love)
Anyone who has spoken to me in the last month knows how obsessed I was with the movie Like Crazy.  It was set for limited release only but it came to Spokane....and made my life.  Ok, I'm being ultra dramatic, but seriously this song is on the soundtrack and blows my mind.  It's an old tune....but this gal does it up well.



Matt and Kim (Daylight)
So eccentric. So catchy.  So wonderful.



Band of Horses (Factory)
I know, I'm light years behind anyone that knows anything about music....but because I am so behind....I love this band.




Mumford and Sons (Little Lion Man)
I just love when a band can use a well placed F word......and this band does just that.
Darn right you F'ed it up this time.



I'm trying to choose songs.....but because I can't choose off these two albums....I just have to showcase the full thing.  These two albums have to be on their last legs since I listen to them so much.

My Morning Jacket (Circuital) 


  

Decemberists (The King Is Dead)



These two......so good.

Stars (Dead Hearts)
This song might actually be really creepy...and by looking at the album cover....I don't really want to know what its about.  It's beautiful regardless.



Steve Earle (Galway Girl)
Because I went there...and I know what the "old long walk" is...
This song played in so many pubs while we were in Ireland, and while Chris and I were strolling around the sea in Galway, we stopped to talk to a guy who told us all about the song and what the lyrics were talking about.  He was probably just hitting on Christie, but at least we got a history lesson out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment