Wednesday, October 26, 2011




Fall has finally landed, and I'm loving it.  I must say that I'm a pretty hardcore complainer when it comes to cold weather, but this inbetween stuff will keep my happy for a good long while...if it will stick around.  Once there is frost and once my eyes water as I bike to work in the morning, I will cease to be having fun. 

Halloween is right around the corner and as disappointing as this may seem, I'm not sure I'm going to deliver very well with my normal creative costumes.  I was planning one pretty creative and semi-epic one, but I've run out of time and haven't put much planning into it.  So....onto a new and less fantastic idea, but hopefully it will still impress to an extent.  Once you hit the pinnacle of your creativeness its hard to perform every year!  :)
My bag of leaves last year was most definitely the top...its only downhill from here.

I'm at the annual AmeriCorps conference this week and it is a train wreck as always.  Talk about government bureaucracy that they force you to come to these dumb trainings.  I do love getting out of town and staying in a hotel and eating as much food as I want, but the seminars are definitely a drag and feel forced.  I was an AmeriCorps last year, so this year I'm just filling my time with random pickings of classes which have nothing to do with my job at home.  This next hour I'm going for "How Big is your Ecological Footprint?".  Probably huge since Spokane doesn't know how to recycle.  My homeless guys recycle better than I do, because they get money for their cans!  I could learn a thing or two just by talking to them.
Oh well...only one more day and then I'm home free.

Speaking of home free....as soon as I get home...I'm only there for a week because then I'm going to BOSTON!!!!  So excited!  I've never been and only know one person there, so it will certainly be an adventure and just a chance to relax and get some freedom from the drain of Spokane.  I'm sure it's no secret that this year has been a really huge challenge for me so far...my work has ended up being a big drain on my energy and my outlook on the rest of life...so, finding a little balance and some time to be away feels especially important this year.  If you think of it, be praying for me with work.  I'm really unsure of where my next step is after this and when it is appropriate to take that step.  I have also been convicted of the fact that I worry far too much, so I'm trying to not pour extra time into thinking about how unhappy I am at work and how unsafe I feel there at times, and just finding other outlets and praying that God will open the right doors to bring a sense of peace about the situation.  It is what it is....and I have no choice but to make the best of it and work with what comes my way.  Anyways, back to Boston.  If you have been there or have any ideas of the must sees...I'm always open for the extra advice!  I'm pumped about Fenway Park more than just about anything....my baseball blood gets pumping just thinking about it.




I hope all of you are enjoying this beautiful fall we are having and enjoying all the festivities that come with it.  Greenbluff is calling my name this weekend...that I know for sure!

*Dani*

No comments:

Post a Comment