Monday, August 22, 2011

watch it spin around to a beautiful oblivion...

Well hello strangers.  I have officially fallen off the face of the planet, and forgotten to update this blog on my life or the lives of others around me who are more interesting!

Better play catch up:

Much of my life in the last few weeks revolved around me moving my life 20 feet down the hallway to a new apartment because I unknowingly moved into the apartment from hell in February.

Enough on that though, I'm moved in....water under the bridge....and my new apartment is FABULOUS!  No seriously, if I know you and like you (which I most likely do if you are reading this....hopefully...) you should come visit and eat some dinner, because cooking for myself is lonely and leaves me with more leftovers than my little body can handle.

The other majority of my life was wrapped around getting this beautiful girl married off to the man of her dreams....


Which as you can see, went pretty well.  Tracey planned the most beautiful, organized, thoughtful wedding.  She thought of the smallest details and didn't have an ounce of bridezilla in her....so, that whole day was a total joy!  For my part, I neither tripped on anything or fainted during my toast, so the day was a success.

Now they soak up the sun in Barbados....and although its hot and beautiful here, I still can't help but be a little jealous of that sparkling blue water!  :)

Currently, my life is revolving around sticking my head in the sand to pretend that summer isn't almost over, trying not to go crazy as every single one of my clients is well on their way to that point, and planning a very much needed early November trip to the East Coast!  I've been South, I've been North, and I've been West, but I've never been East....so its about time! Tentatively, we are going to spend a few days in Boston to soak up some history, some Irish pubs and some bad accents.  Then we are headed to New York for 5 days to soak up even more bad accents, cliche tourist spots, hot dogs, and big city lights.

I'm also trying to craft/accessorize my new place, while also trying to catch up on my stack of reading I have in front of me.  I am failing at all of it.  Not to mention that my attempt to not get any more library fines failed this week.  I just discovered 3 books that are 12 days overdue.  Talk about a buzz kill.  

For those of you that like to craft...my friend Jenna turned me on to a site that satisfies every one of my creative bones.  It is www.craftgawker.com and I highly recommend it.  Michael's is my most current happy place.

Other than that, I'm attempting to get back into training for some races, but currently Spokane has a murderer on the loose which makes me less than impressed about running alone.  I'm not super stoked about making the headlines, unless it doesn't involve death....so, finding daylight hours and energy and a safe route has been a challenge.  I was THIS close to buying a Y membership the other day until I snapped myself back into reality and realized I hate the gym with a burning passion.  I might as well buy myself those terrible workout shoes than buy a gym membership.  You know the ones...


Hot huh?  No thanks.  Although I have to admit those would look pretty kickin with my black skinny jeans.

I guess above all else these last few weeks has been a time of being reminded that despite the craziness and the hopes and the disappointments that have unfortunately followed some of the hopes, God is good.  Consistently.  Always.  It is the one unwavering thing in my life that I can attest to, and all else is just part of the adventure.

Dani


1 comment:

  1. Wait...we have a murderer on the loose? How did I miss this??

    ReplyDelete