Sunday, September 4, 2011

Laboring away the weekend....

Life is so beautiful....


I was "stumbling upon" things this morning (since my body automatically thinks wake up time happens at 5:45 am these days....thanks alot morning shift) and found this website with quotes from kids about love and I just thought they were too cute to not share...when did kids get so smart?

"When someone loves you, the way that they say your name is different.  You just know that your name is safe in their mouth".  Billy-Age 4

"Love is what makes you smile when you are tired". Terri -Age 4

"Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen." Bobby - Age 7

"If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend that you hate" Nikka - Age 6

"Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, and then he wears it every day." Noelle - Age 7

"Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you have left him alone all day." Mary Ann - Age 4

"You really shouldn't say 'I love you' unless you mean it.  But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget." Jessica - Age 8

Kids are so cute....love it.  I had the weirdest kid moment the other day.  I was at the Spokane Indians game the other night with my parents....beautiful night...good game.  Well, they had some little kids that were preassigned to each player....and when they introduced the player at the beginning of the game, they got to run out with them.  I had the overwhelming urge to bawl when this happened.  I have no idea what came over me.  I got super emotional because I was thinking of how proud their parents must be to see their tiny little kids out on the field with those big baseball players... I'm turning into a sap.


In other news, I'm having an incredible Labor Day weekend thus far.  Labor Day in Spokane is all about Pig Out in the Park, and I definitely partook yesterday with some good company and plan on getting more where that came from today when I go with my Dad.  I'll just eat my way through the weekend.  The only unfortunate thing with this whole eating thing is that I've been having chronic headaches for the past month or so and I am starting to wonder if it is related to allergies.  I've narrowed it down to (aside from outdoor allergies) milk or gluten.  Both of which really constitute a worst case scenario for me because I LOVE the foods that contain each of those.  I figured I would get the worst of the worst out of the way this week and try a gluten free diet.  If my headache goes away this week, I will be very disappointed.....but very thankful that it means I still get to eat cheese!  :)  And if none of it works, I guess that means a visit to the doctor....but we all know I try to avoid that at all costs.  :)

Enjoy your weekend and stay safe!

Dani

Hope you all stay safe over the holiday weekend and


1 comment:

  1. Dani, I am sorry to inform you that it may take more than just a week to get it out of your system. It may take two weeks haha. And don't worry, it is horrible the first few weeks, and then you kind of accept it. Getting to the point where getting a headache just because you wanted to eat a piece of piza isn't worth it takes time but it's worth it. Hope your attempt goes well. You could always get a allergy testing done? That way you know for sure. Hope you figure it out!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete