Monday, June 27, 2011

Let the games begin....

Some days just call for a good laugh.  I was looking through pictures today and found this golden nugget that is always good for a chuckle...at my own expense maybe....but still.



This was at my beautiful friend Laura's wedding last summer, and as you can see, the glowing bride is about to toss the bouquet.  You may also notice the bitter Dani on the far right in the pink dress.....not my most shining photo moment.  That was my life of being single forever flashing before my eyes...haha. 

I hate bouquet tosses.  First of all, I hate being called out for being single.  Secondly....I never catch them. 

Actually, I halfway caught the bouquet at Marisa's wedding, but so did a 5 year old.  So....being the grown up (although I deserved it more), I handed it over.  I might note that Cole (the groom of the lovely Laura in the picture above), caught the garter at that wedding.  Look what could have happened if I had been less gracious.

:)

Speaking of weddings, summer is fully upon us.  It was beautiful for Hoopfest this last weekend and although it's cloudy today, it is pretty warm!  Can't beat that.  It goes from being pretty cold off and on for the first part of June and then all of the sudden it shifts to being consistently INCREDIBLE!  This summer brings a lot of joy for me.  My beautiful sister is coming to visit with her husband and two kids next week, and along with that, almost my entire family is coming into town to visit as well.  My Dad's birthday is Sunday, my sister comes Monday (with fireworks included!), work is winding down for the summer and our schedule is changing (so my life gets 75% easier as of next week), and there are lots of weddings and end of the year celebrations to attend.  How quickly this year has gone...unbelievable.

My best friend is getting married in Olympia next month and it just dawned on me that she is going to have a different last name.  I have known her since the 8th grade....I wonder how many months it will take me to remember that her last name isn't King anymore!  So, the blog entries may get more sparse with all the festivities, but I will try to highlight the bigger moments when I get a chance.

Much love!

1 comment:

  1. OH man, I love this picture!!!
    Dani, you are wonderful. Love you so!

    ReplyDelete